About Chantal Donnelly
Master’s in Physical Therapy - Mount Saint Mary’s College, Los Angeles, California.
Bachelor’s in Psychology - Occidental College, Los Angeles, California.
BS minor in Kinesiology – Occidental College, Los Angeles, California.
* Certified Massage Therapist since 1993.
* Pilates Certified Instructor (from BASI) since 2002.
Chantal has been involved in clinical research projects at Mount St. Mary’s College in Los Angeles. She has participated in studies looking at the effects of Pilates exercise on Urinary Stress Incontinence symptoms as well as the topic of Diastasis Recti. Recent publications include: Diastasis Recti Abdominis: A Survey of Women’s Health Specialists for Current Physical Therapy Clinical Practice for Postpartum Women – published in the Journal of Women’s Health Physical Therapy Vol 36(3) September/December 2012.
- Chantal is a faculty member for the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Mount Saint Mary’s College, where she teaches classes in soft tissue mobilization and Pilates for Rehabilitation.
Health and Wellness Expert
Chantal has been featured as a wellness expert in
Women’s Day Magazine, Women’s World Magazine, Alternative Medicine Magazine, Oxygen and The Morning Call.
She has been a rehabilitation expert for the "Fit America Contest" on www.myfitnesstrainer.com. Chantal is featured as the physical therapy expert Tracey Mallet’s book "Sexy In 6" (De Capo Press).
* Chantal currently practices Physical Therapy at her private clinic in Pasadena, California where she combines traditional, hands-on therapy techniques (such as soft tissue techniques and joint mobilization) and Pilates-based exercise to help her patients through the recovery of various physical dysfunctions
Other Important Stuff
* Chantal lives in South Pasadena, California with her husband, Ed, and their son, Aidan.